Join me for a tec diving excursion to the Graveyard of the Atlantic. Let me utilize my 20 years of experience North Carolina wreck diving to show you what it's all about. This charter is not necessarily about going deep but more about longer dives in reasonable depths with less divers on board with higher skill sets. If conditions warrant we will do a 160' dive but plan on 90-130' dives with extended bottom times. You can achieve double the bottom time in one day compared to two days of diving.
We will be chartering Olympus Dive Centers 20 passenger dive boat, the Midnight Express, (the vessel I captained for 5+ seasons). However, the max number of divers on this charter will be only 12.
These dive sites are offshore in the Atlantic Ocean with 90-120 minute one way transit times. If we venture further the run time out could exceed 2 hours. An additional fee will be added for an extended day.
Minimum certification level is Decompression Procedures or equivalent.
(Twice the bottom time per day at less the cost)
$1425.00 (tax included)- 4 nights Olympus Dive Lodge - Rack style accommodation
Bask Hotel - A two minute walk across the street from dive shop.
Hampton Inn - Ten minute drive from dive shop
Contact Mike for assistance
•4 days of diving
•Open Circuit 60 minute run times x 2 dives
•Closed Circuit 90 minute run times x 2 dives or 2 hours 1 dive
•Photo Workshop 90 minutes
•Cookout on the dock
•Professional guide service
•Less divers and extra room on board
•Tank, fills, nitrox and O2
•Dive Accident Insurance.
•Dive Trip Insurance - highly recommended
•Helium (can be made available with advanced notice)
Olympus Dive Center
713 Shepard St
Morehead City, NC 28557
•CCR divers must bring proof of certification for their specific units. No exceptions.
•Olympus Dive Center does not stock Helium or sorb. Contact Mike to arrange.
Email [email protected] to get your application. Fill it out and email it back. Invoice with payment instructions to follow.
• There is a $150.00 Deposit Required to secure your reservation. $75.00 of it is non-refundable regardless of when attendee cancels.
• Payments can be made via Square or PayPal with a 4% transaction fee incurred.
• Payment by check is welcomed with no transaction fees incurred.
• Payment by check not accepted within 2 weeks of event start date.
• If remitting payment electronically without an invoice from point of sale beware there is no buyer protection.
• In the event of a cancellation(s) due to bad weather or mechanical failure each diver will be refunded only the cost of the daily charter rate of Olympus Dive Center for each day canceled. Presently, this is $250.00 per full day.
• If the entire event is canceled prior to start date of May 30 due to, i.e. public health concern or typhoon there will be 100% refund issued minus $75.00 admin fee.
• The cookout, workshops, presentations, admin fees, professional services and dive fees, are all included in the cost of the package.
• In the event of abnormally high fuel prices in 2023 Olympus Dive Center reserves the right to add a fuel surcharge pp/pd of diving to the total cost of your package. The charge will be subject to the price of fuel at that time and can range from $0.00 to $30.00 per day. (It was $20.00 per day in 2022). The fee will be collected by Olympus the morning of each charter upon check-in. Notifications will be sent out 2 weeks prior to event start date confirming the surcharge rate if any.
• Once this application is received it will be reviewed by tour leader and he will contact you with any questions before sending an itemized invoice with payment instructions.
• Reservation will not be final until deposit received. It is a first-come first-serve basis.
• Full payment is due 60 days prior to event start date. Reservation will be forfeited if payment is not received on time or if event manager is not contacted with reason for delay.